Research: Beading
Learning to Bead:
My mother taught me to bead once a long time ago, however since she was never properly trained in it and is not versed in the craft, I decided to expand my knowledge on the techniques and materials used to bead. After searching I learned that I know less then I thought on the practice. This is what I learned:
I learned about two different types of stitches.
- 1 needle flat stitch (my mother taught me this one)
- 2 needle flat stitch
-more precise and less likely to buckle
-learned about what thickness of threads to use and how to fill in the holes
-tension and flatness are the two most important things to look out for while beading
- always try to bead in swirls
- turning the flat or warped side of the bead towards the front gives it a shinier finish
- use a more stiff type of felt
- wax the thread so it is less likely to tangle
- 1 bead edge stitch
Comments
Post a Comment